Tobacco use can lead to nicotine dependence and other serious health problems. But quitting smoking, and other tobacco use, can greatly reduce the risk of developing tobacco-related diseases. Quitting is hard and may require several attempts but, there are definite benefits.
You can quit for FREE. Wisconsin’s Quit Line is confidential and available 24/7 to help you quit. You will get free medications, materials, tips, and coaching to help you quit. People who call the Quit Line are more successful in quitting.
- Chat online, text, or talk with a quit coach.
- Get up to 2 weeks of nicotine patch, gum, or lozenge, or combination patch+gum or patch+lozenge.
- Make a plan that’s right for you with the coach’s help.
- Reach us 24/7 if you’re a Wisconsin resident who is at least 13 years old.
Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to quit for free
- Department of Veteran Affairs Smoking Quit Line or call 1-855-QUIT-VET
- Smokefree Teen
- Wisconsin Quit Line